04.12.2020 by signing an agreement between SSTL of Ukraine and Elsevier company an important negotiation procedures have been completed between the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and Elsevier on access to electronic scientific databases and analytical resources.
All state and municipal institutions of higher education and scientific institutions of Ukraine, regardless of departmental subordination, will receive one-year access to e-books (almost 39 thousand publications) on the platform ScienceDirect (including perpetual access to the collection of 2088 electronic monographs of 2019-2020.).
In addition to annual access to ScienceDirect until May 31, 2021,
Ukrainian institutions will have access to:
- the international scientometric database Scopus, by taking appropriate measures to connect access to the ScienceDirect database;
- the SciVal analytical platform for six institutions previously identified by the MES order.
Sample documents to access ScienceDirect
- Electronic application,
- Draft model agreement for access to ScienceDirect (in duplicate);
- Application for access to the electronic scientific database (on the form of the institution signed by the head).
ScienceDirect is a full-text Elsevier database, which contains 25% of the world`s scientific publications in all fields of knowledge from more than 47 thousand influential authors.
The ScienceDirect platform presents such types of scientific publications as: eBooks, Book Series, Handbook, Textbooks, etc.
Among the advantages of using the ScienceDirect platform – a user-friendly and intuitive interface, common formats for downloading full texts (PDF and HTML) and the availability of hyperlinks to a significant number of scientific, technical and medical articles on the platforms of other publishers.
Webinars on working with the ScienceDirect database:
- First steps in ScienceDirect;
- Reading is learning;
- Interesting Barbara at the bazaar nose was not torn off;
- ScienceDirect – open access capabilities.
Other electronic information resources SSTL of Ukraine