The main sources of acquisition were the library collection, departmental institutions, bookstores, and the SSL exchange and reserve fund. In 1957, the library’s documentary collection consisted of 158,504 copies, including 54.7% of domestic books, 0.67% of foreign books, almost 17% of domestic journals, 8.83% of foreign journals, 18.8% of special types of technical literature, and 0.05% of other types, including geographical maps and newspapers.
In 1958, the Kyiv branch of the SSL received legal status and was named the Scientific and Technical Library of Kyiv, which was subordinated to the State Scientific and Technical Committee of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR.
At that time, the library was at the forefront of socially important processes, as evidenced by the titles of its exhibitions: “From the Earth to the Moon (Issues of Rocketry Development),” “The Use of Radioactive Isotopes,” “Plastics in Construction,” “Complex Mechanization and Automation of Production,” and others.
In June 1960, the Scientific and Technical Library of Kyiv was reorganized into the State Republican Scientific and Technical Library (SRSTL) according to the Decree of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR of June 6, 1960, No. 771-p.
The administrative and managerial staff of the library was increased, and additional funding was allocated for the maintenance of the library in the amount of 266 thousand rubles.