Starting from January 1st, 2020 470 Ukrainian high education institutions and research organizations have been provided with access to the collection of Springer eBooks 2017 and had been granted 6 month trial access to the collection of academic Journals Springer 1997-2020.
During 6 month Ukrainian users downloaded 82 797 full-text articles and 182 258 book chapters from SpringerLink. The highest interest in resources of Springer Nature was in January and April when users downloaded 60 760 and 53 672 full-text documents respectively. The lowest number of downloads was in March and reached only 23 163.
SpringerLink full-text Article and Book Chapters downloads by Ukrainian users from January 2020 to June 2020
Article Daniels – 4 275, Book Chapter denials – 21 321.
Top 10 journals by downloads :
- Journal of Thermal Spray Technology
- Materials Science
- Environmental Science and Pollution Research
- Journal of Materials Science
- Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry
- Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Cytology and Genetics.
Top 10 books by downloads:
- Handbook Of Biological Confocal Microscopy
- Springer Handbook of Electronic and Photonic Materials
- Quantum Mechanics
- Advanced Guide to Python 3 Programming
- 30th International Symposium on Shock Waves
- Nanophysics, Nanomaterials, Interface Studies, and Applications
- CONAT 2016 International Congress of Automotive and Transport Engineering
- Intelligent Human Systems Integration 2020
- Handbook of Industrial Chemistry and Biotechnology
- The A-Z of the PhD Trajectory.
Among subject collections, Ukrainian users requested information more frequently in Chemistry and Material Science, Biomedicine and Biology, Engineering, Medicine, Physics and Astronomy.
In addition to series of webinars, held by representatives of Springer Nature, staff of the State Scientific and Technical Library of Ukraine had been provided complex support for users.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine is planning to renew subscription to Springer Nature published journals and considering to start negotiation over a Transformative Open Access Agreement with publisher in the future.